The outbreak of COVID-19 (corona virus) across the world has impacted many industries within the economy. There is a high level of anxiety across our society and the situation and regulatory recommendations are changing nearly every day.
Are Dental Surgeries Still Open?
The Australian Health Protection Principal Committee has mandated restrictions on dental practices across Australia. From the 8th of May, these restrictions are set to be downgraded to Level 1 restrictions. Under Level 1 restrictions we can perform all normal dental procedures but must continue to screen patients with regards to their contact history and for the presence of any flu-like symptoms.
What measures are we taking to minimise the risk of transmission of COVID-19?
Our normal strict infection control protocols within the clinics and the sterilisation of reusable instruments do minimise the risk of the transmission of viruses such as COVID-19. These protocols meet the standards required by the NHMRC Australian Guidelines for the Prevention and Control of Infection in Healthcare, the ADA Guidelines for Infection Control, the AS/NZ 4815, and the Dental Board of Australia Guidelines on Infection Control.
In addition to these measures we:
– Are using hospital-grade thermal scanners to conduct fever screenings of all staff, patients and other persons on entering our clinics.
– Have increased environmental cleaning of hard surfaces including at the reception desk and patient waiting rooms.
– Are screening all staff and patients with regards to their travel history, current health status, and contact with confirmed cases prior to them attending our clinics.
– Have increased staff training to ensure all protocols are followed and a high standard is maintained.
– Have modified our waiting rooms to ensure social distancing.
To find out more about our COVID-19 precautions click here.
Should I still Attend for my Appointment?
From the 9th of May we will be operating under Level 1 restrictions and we will be able to perform all dental procedures.
– If you are you currently experiencing any flu-like symptoms such as fever, dry cough, runny nose or shortness of breath OR
– Have you been overseas in the last 14 days OR
– Have you been in close contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19 while infectious, during the past 14 days
You must not attend for your dental appointment. Please speak to our staff regarding your future appointments.
Liverpool: 9602 3339
Tahmoor: 4681 8384
Wetherill Park: 9604 6611
Campbelltown: 4629 1900
Double Bay: 9327 1777
Leppington: 9199 9690